A hands-on exploration of what it takes to design and deliver a "true IPD" as well as an "IPD-ish" project.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
TDIndustries Corporate Office
13850 Diplomat Drive Dallas, TX 75234
All attendees eligible for eight (8) AIA LU's/Continuing Education Credits
Included: Handouts, breakfast, lunch, snacks
1) Registrants will be placed in a team with 5-6 people.
2) There will be a total of four teams:
3) There will also be case study and subject matter experts who will be roving "resources."
- (2) True-IPD teams. These two teams will utilize a privately-owned true-life project as their case study during the workshop.
- (2) IPD-ish teams. These two teams will utilize a publicly-owned true life project as their case study during the workshop.
8:00 a.m. - Registration, Breakfast, Networking; participants obtain team assignments and take seating in team clusters
8:30 a.m. - Introduction to Workshop; Personal introductions
- A Review of Integrated Project Delivery Method (Randall Reaves)
- IPD in Practice: Brief outline explanation of reasons for choosing IPD, project basics (size, description, basic program, special conditions, location, budget), method for selecting team, risk/reward, important highlights of agreement, decision-making process
- Cooks Children’s Medical Center – TDI representative (10 min)
9:35 a.m. - Discussion of what people hope to get out of the workshop
9:50 a.m. - Preliminary Matters - Distribution of Project Facts and Introduction of Expert Resources
10:00 a.m. - Break
10:15 a.m. – Team Work; Each team will discuss and answer all of the questions, or address the issues that are provided within each topic:
A. Team Formation
C. Risk and Reward
12:15 p.m. LUNCH BREAK & Reports From Each Team
1:30 p.m. – Team Work; Each team will discuss and answer all of the questions, or address the issues that are provided within each topic:
A. Project Scope
D. Other Team
G. Project Information
3:30 p.m. - Final Reports from Each Team
4:30 p.m. - Conclusions and Discussion
5:00 p.m.- Adjourn
Sponsor-Member: $150 (Incl. 1 registration + promotion).
Sponsor-Non-Member: $350 (incl. 1 registration + promotion)
(You must log in as a Member. Corporate administrators must have employees registered as "bulk" members.)
Includes (1) registration, logo on emails, event page and on-site.
Includes one registration, your logo on event emails, the website, and special signage at the event.
(214) 744-6199, ext. 231